I found this in a periodic email I get from the William Glasser Institute:
“Want to improve your mental health and happiness? Start cultivating your attitude of gratitude.
Today, start making a list of all of the miracles you observe. You can start with the following list:
- The sun came up again today
- I woke up and can dive into this gift of another day
- I can think
- I can breath
- I can smile, even if it is a fake smile
- I can make a list of miracles
- I can feel any way I want about making this list.
- Everyone who drove to work on the same roads as me today cooperated so I got to work safely.
And so on.
Today, see how many miracles you can list. See if you can improve your number on another day.
The numbers of daily miracles are unlimited. What’s limited is our ability to notice them.
Make Today a Happy One.”
The fact is that we can look for and find blessings each and every day instead of dwelling on the negative. While negative things might happen to us, we need not dwell on them. Instead, find the small miracles. Count the little blessings. Strive to be content with whatever is happening in your life. And, like the article says, see if you can find one more miracle or blessing each day than you found the day before. I think if we do this, we can improve our outlook on life.
Peace to all,